Monday, June 23, 2008

From Berts blog : Time to shoot ...

Was at Bert Stephani's blog a while ago , and loved his new post, a must read , heres a teaser :

" I get a lot of e-mails from people who like to find ways to become a better photographer. When I tell them that lots of practice is the key to improvement, many say “yeah, but I don’t have time for that”.

Bad news for those who seek an excuse for not improving , good news for someone who wants to grow as a photographer: EVERYONE HAS TIME TO PHOTOGRAPH !!!

Don’t panic if you don’t carry a camera or the situation doesn’t allow for photographing. Enter the concept of (what I call) ‘mental photography’, taking pictures in your head. When you see some nice light, a cool background or an exciting composition, try to imagine how to photograph it. It may sound like a silly idea but I just know that a lot of ‘mental photography’ allow me to develop some good reflexes. I have been doing certain actions, settings and technical solutions so many times in my fantasy that I don’t have to think about them anymore when actually shooting. It has become second nature. "

I LOVED THIS ... THE FULL POST AT http://bertstephani.com/blog/?p=75

No comments: