Saturday, November 3, 2007

HOW to build ur PORTFOLIO (1)

As promised guys , we will be discussing the subject of portfolios . Its a big topic which cant just be discussed in 1 post , so as we did before in things u should know, underwater photography and controlling ur point and shoot cam , were staring a series of small posts on tips for having a more effective portfolio .

We mentioned before how imp ur portfolio is to u as a photographer , its basically ur CV , and nobody can expect to get good work without a decent CV .

So lets talk about ways u can make ur "CV" more impressive , to achieve a greater impact .

Todays topics gonna be nice and short :

MAKE SURE U HAVE UR BEST PHOTOS IN THERE .... its as simple as that , its not a matter of packing ur portfolio with enormous amounts of photos ( not that thats a bad thing ) but make sure every pic u put on ur portfolio counts . Make sure every pic shouts out " I AM THE BEST FOR THE JOB" ....Dont believe me , hear what photoeditor has to say about that :

" Everyone Takes Bad Photos

Monday, September 17th, 2007

Yes it’s true. Everyone. All the top editorial photographers take bad photos.

They just don’t show it to me. Ever.

Thing is… I know everyone takes bad photos, it happens and it’s not a big deal… I just don’t want to be reminded of it when I’m looking for a photographer.

The promo, website and portfolio are all places where the possibility exists for you to remind me that shoots can sometimes turn out bland and then I suddenly get the feeling that the shoot I was about to hire you for will turn out bland.

I think I know why you do it. You don’t have enough material yet or you want to show me how you can shoot portraits, food, B&W, color, holga, photoj, etc…

I want to live in a fantasy world where every single shoot is perfect. The best photographers let me."


Posted in Getting Hired from http://aphotoeditor.com/category/getting-hired/

No comments: