Saturday, November 3, 2007

Shoot What u want to work

Pretty soon we're gonna be discussing the topic of portfolios , how to build it , what to put in there, what not to put in there . Whether ure an amateur or a working photographer , whether ure old and seasoned or u just started , ur portfolio is ur best representative , and thats what really speaks on ur behalf . So anyways one of the things i was gonna discuss under this topic is SHOOT WHAT U WANNA WORK . And funny thing, i came across this interesting post in photo editor , that says just that . In case u doubt the wisdom of a begginer like myself , hear what the pros have to say about it :


Hiring A Photographer

October 26th, 2007

My greatest piece of advice for hiring photographers I learned the hard way. After many failed and boring and misdirected shoots I discovered an axiom I now adhere to. Never hire a photographer to shoot something that’s not already in their book. This is worth repeating.

Don’t hire photographers to shoot pictures they don’t already have the skills to take.

Don’t misinterpret this to mean you need kittens playing with yarn to get a job shooting kittens playing with yarn. And, don’t take it to mean we never try photographers out or take a chance on photographers. We do, just not with the big shoots.

It means I want to see the visual language in your other pictures that will make up my picture. It means playing to your strengths. It means attempting to match the perfect subject and photographer.

I can’t always do this but when I do, it works every time.

Posted in Working

Article from the great blog http://aphotoeditor.com/

No comments: