Friday, November 2, 2007

Photo Editors Article : Get Urself a Good Subject

People im a fan of this guys blog , im there almost on a daily basis , sometimes twice or more , his posts are short , concise , and always useful . Hes a photo editor in a New York based magazine , and posts his experience for all of us out there , u guys should be visiting his place regularly .
I got this article from over at his place :

Subject
October 25th, 2007

When an editor tells me they want better pictures in the magazine the first thing I say to them is, “get me better subjects.”
Creating compelling imagery with mundane subjects is best left to great artists. It’s nearly impossible.
When you’re starting out in this business if your friends, your family or where you live is not interesting go find something that is and take a goddam picture of it.
The subject always rules. I know this because when I’ve got a juicy subject for a story I can have the pick of any photographer I want to shoot it.

Posted in Photography Business

No comments: