Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Shooting Plus Sized models PART (2)


Continuation of shooting plus sized models ----> Not only do we want to take off 15 + pounds off of their frame, they want us to do it also. They most lilkely will not come out and say to you "I want to look 15 pounds lighter," or, "make me look skinny" but they ARE hoping you have the skills to do it. In the image below I did several things to make her appear thinner. First of all in my clothing consultation I told her to bring along LONG SLEEVED CLOTHING. I told her short sleeves will add 15 pounds to a head shot. Everything she brought along was long sleeved! Before I posed her I first placed the prop that she was to be seated in at a 45 degree angle to the background and the camera position, that way when she sat on it SHE also was at a 45 degree angle. This is the first thing I do and already I've taken off several pounds. Then I had her "sit tall." A subject that is slumped over will look ten pounds heavier. Again she "lost" several pounds. Then I had her lean "over the belt buckle" in order to stretch out her torso, a couple more pounds won't show now. I then placed the main light where it would give me short lighting. Short lighting will slenderize any one's face and "take off" several pounds. Short lighting is where the shadow of the main light is on the side of the face closest to the camera. I also used a rather strong lighting ratio of main to fill to darken this shadow even more and that "took off" several more.

Copy pasted from http://lumitouch.com/benstudiotutorial/benji5.html

No comments: